Friday, May 12, 2017

Commentary on "The Health Insurance Exchange a.k.a Obamacare a.k.a waste of money."

On reading, "The Health Insurance Exchange a.k.a Obamacare a.k.a  waste of money," I noticed that the writer wrote only on her experience with current transformations in the Health Care industry, however, she provided no facts, did not cite any sources, and her experience sounds shallow. Although I do believe her story of her father paying a high monthly premium since I have heard similar stories on the side-effects of Obamacare, she still does not provide a strong argument for me to side with her. I know Obamacare is not perfect and there are people who have had bad experiences with health insurance because of it but I do believe it is an improvement from where we were before its inception. Since Obamacare began more than 20 million people have gain coverage and the country's uninsured rate dropped to an 8.6% from a 16%. More people have health insurance than ever before. Overall, I believe that Obamacare has done more good for the country and instead of repealing it the politicians in Washington D.C should try to improve it as the law progresses. We have to remember that a massive change like Obamacare will have to be tweaked because nobody can anticipate all the expected results, so to me repealing it would be a step backward.

No comments:

Post a Comment